DooM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DooM guild for the USA Legend of Mir 2

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

speed up my shite laptop

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
HollowIchigo

speed up my shite laptop Empty
PostSubject: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:17 pm

does anyone know any ways i can speed up my laptop (which can run ffxi without lag but not mir o.O) without buying hardware.

me and my friend were playing round mine last night and i had constant lag and he just had normal amount
Back to top Go down
Tashohnie

Tashohnie

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:30 pm

HollowIchigo wrote:
does anyone know any ways i can speed up my laptop (which can run ffxi without lag but not mir o.O) without buying hardware.

me and my friend were playing round mine last night and i had constant lag and he just had normal amount
Whats specs of it mate?

Have you run things like
CCleaner
Adaware
Changed your virtual memory
Tree Size pro
Check Disk
Defrag?

Were you both using the same net connection?

If you mean bounce back it is caused by one of two things, lag or you are going faster than the server allows so it bounces you back.
Back to top Go down
HollowIchigo

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:33 pm

apologies i should have explained im a technological retard who just so happens to be ok at mmorpg's Razz

i have ad-aware which is scanning now. havent done any of the rest of that stuff.

im at work so i dont know the specs off hand >.<

EDIT: ye we are both running off the same connection 11mbps

i bounced back but occasionally lagged out completely due to it. and the other players were still on my screen when on my friends (fapfapsquirt) laptop they had run 4 screens away
Back to top Go down
Tashohnie

Tashohnie

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:35 pm

HollowIchigo wrote:
apologies i should have explained im a technological retard who just so happens to be ok at mmorpg's Razz

i have ad-aware which is scanning now. havent done any of the rest of that stuff.

Thats cool mate, I work as a technical support analyst so can try and help you.

Were you and your mate both using the same internet connection? You might have been going faster than the server allowed which is why you got pinged back a lot.

Even though you are on the same line I think you would both have different IP addresses so his connection to the server might be better than yours (just un lucky) and it could drop out somewhere along the line (your ip to server) causing you to lag... Thats not very technical as I can't think of the right terminology :/

Last edited by Tashohnie on Fri May 01, 2009 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HollowIchigo

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:35 pm

HollowIchigo wrote:

EDIT: ye we are both running off the same connection 11mbps

i bounced back but occasionally lagged out completely due to it. and the other players were still on my screen when on my friends (fapfapsquirt) laptop they had run 4 screens away
Back to top Go down
Tashohnie

Tashohnie

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:39 pm

Say for example you are A, your friend is B - the server is Z.

For you to get to the server you travel through a series of hops, exchanges w/e

So you would go A,C,D,E,F,G,H,Z
Your friend might go B,C,D,E,F,I,J,Z

You are both taking different routes, for what ever reason at G and H you are loosing packets and it is dropping (are you on Virgin ?) for a brief period of time, this is why you might possibly be getting the lag and he is not.
Back to top Go down
HollowIchigo

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:41 pm

i'm on sky broadband i think. so can i stop this so i just go A-Z ^^ lol
Back to top Go down
Tashohnie

Tashohnie

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:45 pm

HollowIchigo wrote:
i'm on sky broadband i think. so can i stop this so i just go A-Z ^^ lol

Its the way the internet works mate unfortunately.

You could always phone up sky and say you are having connection problems can they check the broadband etc they might say something was wrong. You could always power it off for 15 mins (take power fully out) and put it back in this can sometimes clear what is cached and shit.
Back to top Go down
HollowIchigo

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:49 pm

ok cheers mate, ill try all of that when i get home. clearing my laptop of all the shit would be a good idea anyway! dont wanna be lagging out in wt kr particularly
Back to top Go down
Tashohnie

Tashohnie

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:50 pm

HollowIchigo wrote:
ok cheers mate, ill try all of that when i get home. clearing my laptop of all the shit would be a good idea anyway! dont wanna be lagging out in wt kr particularly
No that would not be good lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speed up my shite laptop   speed up my shite laptop Empty

Back to top Go down

speed up my shite laptop
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DooM :: General :: General Chat-
Jump to: